18 Sep Midwest Ag’s Farmer Forum 2017
Kline’s CPA recently took part in the WOWO sponsored Midwest Ag’s Farmer Forum 2017 held at Huntington University. Around 70 farmers from across our area attended the Sept 14 breakfast event emceed by Rob Winters, Farm Director at WOWO. Speakers for this event focused on their area of expertise as it relates to the theme, “How to Stay Afloat When the Farm Economy is Under Water”. Featured guests and topics included:
- Trent Wolfe and Brandy Swope, Managing Partners at Kline’s CPA Group, reviewed tax changes that can impact future tax returns for farmers.
- Gordon & Associates attorneys, Dan Gordon and Michelle Adler, presented points farm owners should consider when making decisions about succession planning and long term care financing.
- Kent Liechty, President & CEO of First Bank of Berne, offered a banker’s perspective of farm financing including ways to improve your Balance Sheet. He stressed the importance of communication between the farmer and the banker.
- Huntington University’s Director of The Haupert Institute for Agricultural Studies, Dr. Raymie Porter, spoke to the group about what the new program has to offer students who are interested in a career in agriculture. Several students discussed what the program offers them in personal growth, career potential, and internship opportunities.
- Market Commentator, David Kohli of Kohli & Cavanaugh, reviewed market trends based on crop report yields and gave his price predictions based on corn and bean bushels.
We look forward to future opportunities to team up with WOWO to offer our clients the chance to meet and hear area professionals. We welcome your input if there is a specific topic you would like to see addressed.